TREC Washington Post Corpus
The TREC Washington Post Corpus contains 728,626 news articles and blog
posts from January 2012 through December 2020. The articles are
stored in JSON format, and include:
Compressed, the tarball is about 2.4GB; decompressed
the data is 14GB.
- date of publication
- kicker (a section header)
- article text broken into paragraphs
- links to embedded images and multimedia (for 2012-2017 documents)
You can get this dataset by sending a request to NIST with the
signed organizational agreement linked below.
- Organizational agreement
- This agreement must be signed by the person responsible for the data
at your organization, and sent to NIST.
- Individual agreement
- This agreement must be signed by all researchers using the TREC
Washington Post Collection at your organization, and kept on file at your organization.
Getting the corpus
- Download and print the Organizational and Individual agreement
- Send a scan of the Organizational form to NIST to:
In your email include the following:
Subject: request for Washington Post corpus
- Complete and keep the individual agreement form on file at your organization.
- Subject to our approval, a download URL, login, and password will
be sent via email. Please allow seven business days for a response.